JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Jermaine Bell, 6, had been saving his money for a dream trip to Disney World for his seventh birthday. But, when Hurricane Dorian took aim at the Carolinas, he used his savings to help feed those evacuating.
He bought hot dogs, chips and water and served about 100 people last week while he was visiting his grandmother in South Carolina.
Now, Disney is thanking Bell and his family by surprising them with a trip to Disney World.
Disney Parks Blog said Bell celebrated his seventh birthday Sunday with a surprise visit from Mickey Mouse and several Disney cast members. He and his family are headed to the Orlando parks after all.
Cast members said the family will go on a VIP vacation later this month.
What other people are reading right now:
- British Airways grounds nearly all flights as pilots strike
- Jury selection begins Monday in Granville Ritchie murder trial
- Clearwater woman speaks after her husband is shot and killed
- 2 people die when plane crashes in the Florida Keys
- Cargo ship overturns, 4 crew members can't be found
- Disney World offers 'flex tickets' for Florida residents
FREE 10NEWS APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter