FORT MYERS, Fla. — Gov. Ron DeSantis is in Fort Myers Thursday to talk about the current state of Florida's restaurant industry.
The governor will be joined by the Department of Business and Professional Regulation Secretary Halsey Beshears for a roundtable discussion at 2:30 p.m. at Connor's Steak and Seafood.
Florida is currently in Phase 2 of reopening the economy, which allows restaurants to have full capacity seating outdoors with social distancing and and 50 percent capacity indoors with six feet of space separating groups.
However, shortly after entering that phase, the state's DBPR had to suspend drinking at bars and breweries to combat the spread of coronavirus.
What other people are reading right now:
- Watching multiple areas of interest in the tropics
- Florida mom asks parents to 'know the signs' as MIS-C cases continue to rise
- This is the importance of World Suicide Prevention Day during the pandemic
- Diana Rigg, 'Game of Thrones' and 'The Avengers' star, dies at 82
- Overpaid unemployment? The DEO is asking Floridians to start paying that money back
- Deputies in Tennessee are attempting to locate a tiger
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter