TAMPA, Fla. — Florida is buying extra time for people struggling financially during the pandemic.
On Thursday, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis signed an executive order, extending mortgage foreclosure and eviction relief until June 2. Click here to read the executive order.
The governor had previously suspended all foreclosures and evictions for a period of 45 days, but that earlier order was supposed to expire on Sunday. Now, it's in effect until early next month.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
What other people are reading right now:
- Publix expands store hours, gets rid of designated shopping times for seniors
- Here's how many Americans have filed for unemployment
- Is something already brewing in the tropics before hurricane season?
- Florida vacation home owners sue Gov. Ron DeSantis over ban on rentals
- Lakeland temporarily allows outdoor dining and shopping
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter