A new study found Florida leads the country in bicycle deaths in 2017.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration data shows 783 cyclists were killed in the U.S. in 2017, including 125 in Florida.
In 2016, some 852 cyclists were killed in the U.S. That includes 138 people who died in Florida.
The figures found about 2 percent of deaths in crashes are bicyclists.
The data shows that although child bicyclist deaths have declined over the years, deaths among bicyclists age 20 and older have tripled since 1975.
What other people are reading right now:
- Ariana Grande postpones Tampa concert due to illness
- Man went on 'rampage' at bar, then tried to escape hospital, deputies say
- Mom gives birth in car with three crying kids in back seat (Sensitive video; strong language)
- Necklace filled with unknown mother's ashes found at Siesta Key
- Florida woman's love for Disney turns into the most magical wedding
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.