BOCA RATON, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a woman was killed in South Florida when a branch fell on her as she took a walk.
Boca Raton police said the woman, who was in her 20s, was killed just after 9:30 a.m. Saturday at a condo complex.
The Palm Beach Post reports at that hour, the nearby Boca Raton airport reported wind gusts of up to 35 mph and sustained winds of 23 mph. The high winds were part of a cold front that came through overnight, bringing rain and wind to much of Palm Beach County.
A police spokeswoman did not immediately identify the woman or provide additional details.
Information from: The Palm Beach (Fla.) Post, http://www.pbpost.com
What other people are reading right now:
- Emails reveal calls for Hillsborough commissioner to recuse himself after 10Investigates story
- Here are which stores are open, closed on Thanksgiving
- Police searching for two little boys taken by their sex offender father
- Silver Alert issued for 16-year-old mom, 2-month-old daughter in North Carolina
- Alexis Crawford cause of death released
FREE 10NEWS APP: