ORLANDO, Fla. — A former Walt Disney World employee took $7,000 worth of stuff from the Magic Kingdom's Haunted Mansion and resold it, according to the Orange County Sheriff's Office.
WKMG reports Patrick Spikes, 24, of Winter Garden was charged with burglary of an occupied structure, dealing in stolen property and grand theft.
Deputies said Disney security personnel were aware Spikes took unauthorized photos backstage and put them on social media. Some of the photos showed Animatronic figures that had been reported stolen.
A search warrant for his phone turned up a photo of an item taken from the Haunted Mansion, deputies said.
Last month, a man contacted law enforcement and said he had bought Haunted Mansion items from Spikes, who had told him he had gotten the items with Disney's permission.
What other people are reading right now:
- 10 charged in human trafficking bust out of Hernando County
- Amazon plans to open a cargo hub at Lakeland's airport, could bring 1,000 new jobs
- He was murdered and his wife shot. The killers were just convicted in his death.
- He was targeted for human trafficking through his mom. Now, he shares his story to help others.
- Gov. Ron DeSantis has tense exchange with school board member during first lady's visit