IMMOKALEE, Fla. — Residents of Immokalee say Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents were in the area on Friday, according to the Naples Daily News.
An ICE spokesperson told the newspaper the agency would not comment on specific details of enforcement operations due to concerns for the agents' safety.
Sources tell Telemundo 51 that agents left the Miramar ICE office early Friday morning and have since arrived in Immokalee, which is located in Collier County and is home to a large migrant community. According to NBC Miami, no arrests had been made as of Friday.
This weekend, President Donald Trump's administration is planning nationwide immigration enforcement raids targeting migrant families. The effort will target people with final deportation orders.
What other people are reading right now:
- He called police on black women at swimming pool. Now he's facing criminal charges
- Convicted child molester who escaped from Florida prison captured in Miami-Dade
- Alabama man sentenced to 615 years for sex crimes
- Man sentenced to 70 years for raping 1-year-old, posting videos to dark web
- WATCH: US Coast Guard crew jumps on sub carrying 16K pounds of cocaine
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.