BROWARD COUNTY, Fla. — Photos capturing the aftermath of lightning striking a car Monday in South Florida were posted online.
Florida Highway Patrol shared the images. Troopers say the antenna portion of a Nissan was hit while driving on Interstate 75 in Broward County.
The electrical system of the car was damaged by the lightning, and a 7-foot-long crack in the pavement was left behind, according to troopers.
FHP says no one was injured.
What other people are reading right now:
- How to explain Pride Month to your kids
- Riverview man accused of killing girlfriend, daughter set to represent himself in court starting Monday
- Carnival Cruises to resume sailing from Florida in July
- Lightning fans maintain energy after loss against Islanders
- Saharan dust cloud to make for some spectacular Florida sunrises, sunsets
- Pinellas County issues health warning for red tide blooms along beaches
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter