ORLANDO, Fla. — A man caught trying to carry a gun into Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom was charged with carrying a concealed firearm, according to Orange County sheriff's deputies.
On Tuesday afternoon, park security found a 9 mm Hi-Point in the backpack of Terry Levearl, 29, of Daytona Beach, at the Ticket and Transportation Center bag check line, the arrest affidavit said.
Deputies said Levearl told them he normally keeps the gun in his car, but he switched cars and always keeps the gun with him. He said he forgot the weapon was in the backpack, according to law enforcement.
The affidavit said the pistol was in a holster, and there were two loaded magazines attached to the holster.
Levearl does not have a concealed carry permit, authorities said.
His bail was set at $2,500.
What other people are reading right now:
- This is the last known photo of missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis
- FHP: Florida man driving Cadillac from sunroof says he'd rather go to jail than back to his wife
- Florida family gets $6 million after woman falls, is left lying in heat at assisted living facility
- Both parents now charged after teen says she ran away with man she met online to avoid rape
- Video shows healthcare staff punching, beating man with disabilities with belt
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.