IBIZA, Spain — Just days away from becoming a doctor in Boston, a medical resident living in Miami died after falling from a cliff in Spain.
The Miami Herald reported Daniel Sirovich, 34, was vacationing with his fiancée on the island of Ibiza. Sirovich was completing his medical residency at Kendall Regional Medical Center in Miami and was a little more than a week away from moving to Boston to become a doctor.
A GoFundMe page set up by a friend said Sirovich and his fiancée were sightseeing Aug. 14 near a cliff in Sa Pedrera de Cala d'Hort when he slipped and fell 82 feet.
"He gave 120% in every he did," the page said. "From his studies, to work, to loving Kristi, his family, and friends."
NJ.com reported Sirovich was originally from Kearny, N.J. and studied medicine at Rutgers University. The outlet said Sirovich met his fiancée, Kristi, in South Florida seven years ago.
What other people are reading right now:
- Man tells investigators his pickup matches deadly hit-and-run description
- 50 firefighters, 11 boats assisting in search for 2 firefighters in Port Canaveral area
- Wife of missing Florida firefighter says she is staying strong
- NFL running back Cedric Benson killed in motorcycle crash
- Timeline: Michael Drejka’s trial to start in deadly shooting of Markeis McGlockton
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.