FRUITLAND PARK, Fla. — The Florida Department of Law Enforcement says Aja Smith was found and is safe.
FDLE issued a Missing Child Alert for her Thursday morning. She was last seen in Fruitland Park.
Investigators said she might have been in the Trenton area with Clifford Smith.
This is the criteria that must be met for FDLE to activate a Missing Child Alert:
- The child is under the age of 18
- Law enforcement has a well-founded belief, based on an active investigation, that the child is in danger of death or serious bodily injury
- There is a detailed description or photograph of the child to broadcast to the public
- The local law enforcement agency of jurisdiction recommends activation
What other people are reading right now:
- This is where researchers forecast the polluted Piney Point water will flow in Tampa Bay
- Kim Potter, the officer who shot and killed Daunte Wright, to be charged with manslaughter
- These are the most common sharks found in the waters of Tampa Bay
- FDA to propose limits for arsenic and lead in baby food
- Did you lose your vaccine card? Here's what to do next
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter