BROWARD COUNTY, Fla. — The father of New England Patriots’ running back James White has been killed in a car crash in Florida.
The Broward County Sheriff’s Office said in a news release that Tyrone White died at the scene of a two-car crash in Cooper City, Florida, around 1 p.m. Sunday.
When crews arrived on scene, one car was flipped over and the other was on fire, according to a release. The sheriff's office and Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue provided medical assistance to those injured ahead of Air-Rescue responding.
The Miami-Dade Police Department Director says Tyrone White's wife, Lisa, is hospitalized.
Authorities did not provide additional details about the condition of the second person who was transported to a hospital after the crash. Traffic Homicide detectives are still investigating what led up to the crash and additional information will be released when available.
James White was inactive for Sunday’s game against Seattle following the crash. Former teammate, and now Buccaneer, Tom Brady expressed his condolences to White Sunday night.
"We are all grieving with James as he is going through this difficult time. Love you my friend," Brady wrote.
What other people are reading right now:
- Cuts coming to Hillsborough County schools
- Trump pledges woman for Supreme Court, pushes Senat to move on pick
- Bucs land first win of the season against the Carolina Panthers
- Coronavirus latest: Florida reports 9 new deaths, 2,521 cases
- 4-year-old battling cancerous brain tumor gets his puppy wish granted
- Candlelight memorial held in downtown St. Pete to mourn Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg's death
- Busy tropics: Tracking 3 named storms and 2 disturbances
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter