PENSACOLA, Fla. — A man apparently shot himself by accident while showing Florida bar customers his gun.
The Pensacola News Journal reported the man was displaying his gun Thursday night and made a quick motion as if putting it into a pretend holster below his shoulder.
When he did, the gun discharged and a bullet hit the man’s torso.
The bar manager showed the newspaper video of the incident.
"I don't know if he was pretending to be a badass or something," the bar's manager Warren Sonnen told the journal. "But from what I can tell, it was completely by accident."
The man quickly left and checked himself into a hospital. Police contacted him and were determining whether to file charges.
- Ronnie Oneal III sentenced to 3 life terms, plus 90 years for the murder of girlfriend, 9-year-old daughter
- Several athletes with Florida ties are heading to the 2020 Tokyo Olympics
- Florida data: COVID-19 wave affecting younger, unvaccinated people most
- 'We’re not locking people down': Gov. DeSantis says Florida will stay open despite rising COVID-19 cases
- Red tide is killing sea life: Where do all the dead fish go?
- A Frank Conversation: New podcast explores race, religion, politics and more
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter