SANFORD, Fla. — Fire from a ruptured gas line in Sanford early Thursday morning forced firefighters to evacuate 800 homes.
Seminole County leaders said the fire broke out at about 1 a.m. west of I-4 on near Michigan Avenue and Oregon Street.
Fire rescue crews said they were able to get the gas line shut off just after 2:30 p.m. and firefighters were able to get the fire out.
Orlando CBS-affiliate WKMG reported nothing is known yet about what caused the gas leak.
The Seminole County Fire Department said people were allowed to go back to their homes just before 3:15 a.m. Firefighters said there were no injuries reported.
What other people are reading right now:
- Watching multiple areas of interest in the tropics
- Pinellas teachers say jobs and health precautions are not what were promised
- Overpaid unemployment? The DEO is asking Floridians to start paying that money back
- Florida mom asks parents to 'know the signs' as MIS-C cases continue to rise
- 4 arrested in Citrus County after report shows meth toxicity contributed to 2-month-old's death
- Gov. DeSantis vetoes bill to raise smoking, vaping age to 21
- Amazon looks to fill hundreds of jobs in Tampa Bay through virtual career day
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter