VIERA WEST, Fla. — Authorities say two married high school teachers repeatedly gave students marijuana and smoked it with them at their Florida home.
An investigation by Brevard County Sheriff’s Office found James Brand and Amy O'Reilly-Brand consumed marijuana with students at their home on multiple occasions.
Deputies say there was no evidence the teachers or students consumed marijuana on school property.
State child welfare officials received a complaint earlier this month that the Viera High School teachers "allowed" their underage daughter to use marijuana and "have a sexual relationship" with a man who moved into their home and was living with the family, the agency said.
They were charged Thursday with child neglect and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
- 'It's a tragedy:' 2 Pasco County deputies shoot man who fired upon them, sheriff says
- Miami Beach declares emergency curfew over 'out of control' spring break crowds
- Study: 3 feet of distance in a classroom could be enough to limit the spread of COVID-19
- Doctors say comments made at Governor DeSantis' public health roundtable were 'disheartening'
- Publix says employees will get leftover COVID-19 vaccines
- Social media 'influencers' paid thousands of Florida taxpayers' money to promote virtual vacations
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter