ORLANDO, Fla. — Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge has already opened at Disneyland in California and is set to open in August at Walt Disney World in Orlando.
Now, the lands' second ride has an opening date for both parks.
Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will open Dec. 5 at Disney World and Jan. 17, 2020, at Disneyland. Dec. 5 is also Walt Disney's birthday.
Disney Parks Blog called the ride "the most immersive and advanced attraction ever imagined in a Disney park." The ride will put guests right in the middle of a climactic battle between the First Order and the Resistance.
Riders will join Rey and General Leia Organa at a secret Resistance base but will be captured by a First Order Star Destroyer before they make it there. Guests will get some help from Resistance heroes to break out and destroy the Star Destroyer to stay "one step ahead of Kylo Ren."
Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge opened at Disneyland in May and will open at Walt Disney World August 29 at the Hollywood Studios park. The only ride in the land now is Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run, which lets guests pilot Han Solo's Millennium Falcon space ship.
More Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge
- Disney World to offer passholder previews for Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge offers new world at Disneyland
- Disney CEO shares photos of Star Wars land tour with Steven Spielberg, J.J. Abrams
- This is the 'Star Wars'-themed park you're looking for
- Disney's Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge to include Oga's Cantina
- 'Star Wars' hotel to connect to Hollywood Studio, Disney World says
- A first look at Star Wars lands at Disney World, Disneyland
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.