PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. — Authorities say two men died following a construction accident along a Florida road.
Port St. Lucie police say Patrick Sarvela and Dillon Drew, both 22, died at the scene Wednesday morning. An initial investigation determined that the two workers from Allterra Engineering & Testing were electrocuted when a drilling boom they were raising hit a live overhead wire.
The auger of the mobile drill hit an active power line and caught fire.
- $2 trillion coronavirus deal: Who will get stimulus checks and when?
- Hillsborough County moves closer to a stay-at-home order
- COVID-19 in Florida: Pinellas County issues shelter-in-place order
- Stay-at-home vs shelter-in-place: Here's what they mean
- 'Top Chef Masters' star Floyd Cardoz dies from coronavirus complications
- This interactive map shows coronavirus cases in Florida
- Coronavirus resources: Hotlines, websites offer the latest on COVID-19
FREE 10NEWS APP: