CLEARWATER, Fla. — The next stop on Vice President Mike Pence's "Faith in America" tour is bringing him back to Florida, the Trump campaign announced last week.
According to a release, Pence will arrive in the Sunshine State on Wednesday, Aug. 5. The release said he will be here to discuss "the Trump Administration's strong actions to protect the sanctity of life, religious freedom, and the American family."
The event is scheduled to start at 2:30 p.m. with doors opening at 12:30 p.m. The venue is the Hilton Clearwater Beach Resort and Spa: 400 Mandalay Ave., Clearwater.
Pence was slated to hold a similar tour event on July 2 in Sarasota that was later canceled due to a surge in confirmed coronavirus cases.
His latest visit was to Miami on July 27 to mark the start of Phase III trials for a coronavirus vaccine.
Anyone interested in attending can request up to two tickets per phone number and event here. Tickets are on a first-come-first-serve basis.
There will be road closures for drivers in the area. A list of impacted routes can be found here.
- Tropical Storm Isaias forms in the Caribbean, cone shifts slightly to the east
- Florida to close state-run COVID-19 testing sites due to tropical weather
- Here's how to make virtual learning successful
- President Trump floats idea of delaying the November election
- Another 253 Floridians have died from coronavirus
- Confirmed deaths from the coronavirus in the US hit 150,000
- More than half the inmates in Florida prison test positive for COVID-19
- Gov. DeSantis extends eviction, mortgage foreclosure moratorium to September
FREE 10 TAMPA BAY APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter