ORLANDO, Fla. — Walt Disney World hardly ever closes or shortens its hours, but the theme park has announced shortened hours Tuesday ahead of Hurricane Dorian.
"We are closely monitoring the progress of the storm and are making operational adjustments because nothing is more important than the safety of our Guests and Cast Members," the resort announced on its website.
The hours will be shortened beginning Tuesday, September 3 with the following shifts:
- Magic Kingdom Park: 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. (opening at 7 a.m. for Extra Magic Hours)
- Epcot: 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Disney's Hollywood Studios: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. (opening at 6 a.m. for Extra Magic Hours)
- Disney's Animal Kingdom: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. (opening at 7 a.m. for Extra Magic Hours)
- Disney Springs: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- ESPN Wide World of Sports: Closed
- Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park: Closed
- Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Winter Summerland Miniature Golf: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Disney has asked visitors to monitor their page and news outlets for the latest weather information as well. Theme park dining reservations will be honored for up to an hour before the park closes on Tuesday, Sept. 3.
Disney Resort hotels will stay open. However, Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will be closed starting Tuesday, Sept. 3 at 3 p.m. Disney says it will reopen once it is safe to do so.
Disney After Hours at the Animal Kingdom park has also been canceled Tuesday. Guests are able to exchange pre-purchased tickets for one of the following events or options:
- Attend another Disney After Hours event in 2019
- 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
- 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
- A 1-day flexible date ticket with Park Hopper Option any day before Dec. 31, 2020
- Full refund
Guests are asked to call (407) 939-7818 to redeem one of the options between 7 a.m. and 11 p.m. or email Ticket.Inquiries@DisneyWorld.com before Dec. 15, 2019.
Universal Studios Florida, Universal’s Islands of Adventure and Universal’s CityWalk will open as scheduled on Tuesday. However, Universal’s Volcano Bay Water Theme Park will be closed. Park officials say they will continue to share operational updates as needed.
LEGOLAND Florida theme park and water park will be closed on Tuesday. The park expects to reopen on Wednesday.
In addition to these park closures, SeaWorld Orlando announced it will be closed. The park says it will provide reopening updates on its social media channels.
As of Tuesday, Busch Gardens in Tampa remains open with normal operating hours.
What other people are reading right now:
- Hurricane Dorian a 'catastrophic' Category 5 hurricane
- Live blog: The latest, need-to-know information on Hurricane Dorian
- 5 dead, 21 injured in second mass shooting in weeks in West Texas
- There've already been 1,000 reports of suspected price gouging in Florida as Dorian approaches
- Orlando International Airport will now stay open through Dorian
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.