TAMPA, Fla. — Nat Geo WILD heads to the Tampa Bay area next year to feature ZooTampa in a six-part TV series.
The series is set for a winter 2020 premiere and aims to showcase the "exotic cast of animals with a stellar team of humans devoted to them" at the zoo.
In a release, Nat Geo WILD said the series will showcase new arrivals at the zoo, "tearful farewells," cute and cuddly zoo residents and a "stunning apex predator." The network also calls ZooTampa, "the ideal destination for anyone who loves animals."
Tampa-based Spectrum Productions is producing the series. The company was also behind the Nat Geo WILD series Secrets of the Zoo.
What other people are reading right now:
- Woman pushed elderly man from bus after he told her to be nice, police say
- Florida mayor threatens to kill neighbors after incident with his daughter, police say
- Mom, 2 kids died in Town 'n' Country apartment fire, sheriff says
- Thinking about getting the hepatitis A vaccine? You might need your wallet
- Video shows healthcare staff punching, beating man with disabilities with belt
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.