ORLANDO, Fla. — A man who was holding several people hostage at the Orange County Jail was shot Saturday, according to the Orange County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies said Eric Stanley, 25, was arrested during a traffic stop and was taken to the jail. Once he got to the booking area he pulled out a gun and held a deputy, a corrections officer and a nurse hostage, investigators said.
Law enforcement officers from the sheriff's office and Orlando PD were able to confront Stanley from outside the jail, according to deputies. Then, investigators said shots were fired and Stanley was hit in the arm.
His injuries are not life-threatening.
The Orange County Sheriff's Office said no correctional personnel, Orlando officers or Orange County deputies were seriously injured.
Stanley is facing several felony charges.
- Tampa mayor: 'Stay-at-home' order extremely likely by early next week
- Coronavirus in Florida latest: Florida Department of Health reporting 2 new COVID-19 deaths, cases climb to 763
- How to have a quarantine birthday during the COVID-19 outbreak
- Tom Brady announces he is joining the Buccaneers
- Florida restaurants ordered to stop serving food in dining rooms, but they can now deliver alcohol
- This interactive map shows coronavirus cases in Florida
- Coronavirus resources: Hotlines, websites offer the latest on COVID-19
FREE 10NEWS APP: