OKLAHOMA CITY — Why storm Area 51 when it would be (probably) more fulfilling to storm an animal shelter?
An Oklahoma group is hoping people do just that, and they've posted some pretty cute pictures on Facebook to make it happen -- tin foil hats and all. Even if aliens do exist, maybe a new best friend will offer up some protection.
"Adoption isn’t that far out of this world!" OKC Animal Welfare wrote on its Facebook page.
While the Oklahoma-based shelter asks for donations, there are great organizations locally worth checking out, too, including:
- Man allegedly told girl he needed to check if she was a virgin before molesting her
- Treasure Island bars ready for first weekend with extended alcohol sales
- Woman fined $100,000 for overgrown weeds and a dirty pool. She's not alone.
- WATCH: Apollo 11 rocket and anniversary show projected on Washington Monument
- Moon landing events, Christmas in July, Lego Movie Days: 10 things to do this weekend in Tampa Bay
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.