ST. PETE BEACH, Fla. — St. Petersburg Fire Rescue says an Andretti Motorsports tractor-trailer caught fire early Wednesday morning on I-275 south.
Officials say the fire started in the rear wheel hub and extended up the side of the trailer and inside
Flames did not reach a car on top half of the trailer, the fire was contained to some cabinets and their portable mechanic carts.
It appears the IndyCar racecar on the big rig was that of Colton Herta.
- Walmart sets emergency leave policy for 1.4M hourly workers amid coronavirus concerns
- Coronavirus live updates: Major events including Coachella reschedule over virus concerns
- Coronavirus resources: Hotlines, websites offer the latest on COVID-19
- Cadaver dogs detect anomalies at MacDill AFB in search for lost graves
- Coronavirus concerns changing some practices in Bay area churches, synagogues
- Florida couple on sick cruise ship files $1 million lawsuit against Princess cruise line
FREE 10NEWS APP: