Tampa Bay, FL -- Get ready! The roads will be extra busy next week with both Hillsborough and Pinellas county schools starting back on Wednesday. Traffic can increase by 30% when school starts. Whether your child walks to school or you drive them, it is a good idea to plan a safe route ahead of time.
Construction can be a big safety concern, especially near school zones. 10News WTSP found out the construction projects that could affect your route to school.
Below is a list of roads near school zones that will be affected by construction next week.
- Southbound Bruce B. Downs Boulevard south of Fletcher Avenue: The center lane is closed for emergency repairs until Wednesday, Aug. 10. This is near Mort Elementary School.
- Bay to Bay Boulevard at Ysabella Avenue: Closed on Wednesday, Aug. 10 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Bayshore Boulevard at Barcelona Street: One lane blocked on Wednesday, Aug. 10 through Thursday Aug. 11.
- North Boulevard, north of MLK Boulevard: Closed today until Wednesday, Aug. 10. This is close to Hillsborough High School and Broward Elementary School.
- Belcher Road at Belleair Road: Ongoing intersection improvements near Belcher Elementary School.
- 113th Street at Park Boulevard: Possible lane blocks from construction. This is near Seminole Elementary School.
- Oakhurst Road from 94th Avenue North to 102nd Avenue North.
- Starkey Road/Park Street North at 84th Lane North.
- Tampa Road in Oldsmar: Milling and resurfacing. Expect delays.
- Nebraska Avenue in Palm Harbor: Milling and resurfacing. Expect delays
- Current one-way closing of N. Crystal Lake Drive, west of Bartow Road.
- CSX closing of Kentucky Avenue the week of Aug. 8 (may continue into early following week)
- CSX closing of Massachusetts Avenue (near Pine Street) the week of Aug. 15.
- CSX closing of Ingraham Avenue the week of Aug. 22.
- C&M milling and resurfacing Frank Lloyd Wright Way from Ingraham Avenue to Hollingsworth Road on Aug. and should be complete by Aug. 7.
- Crystal Lake Drive from New Jersey Road to Bartow Road: This segment will be closed to eastbound traffic (toward Bartow Road) through December for bike lane and sidewalk construction. A travel lane in the westbound direction and access to all residences and side streets will remain open throughout construction. Traffic desiring to travel east from New Jersey Road toward Bartow Road (U.S. 98) can detour north along New Jersey Road or south along New Jersey Road and east along Sylvester Road.
- Lincoln Avenue from Beacon Road to Ariana Street: Individual blocks along this segment will be closed to northbound traffic thru December for sidewalk construction. A travel lane in the southbound direction and access to all residences and side streets will remain open throughout construction. Drivers desiring to travel northbound have multiple options including Harden Boulevard and Camphor Drive.
- Robson Street from Baird Avenue to Florida Avenue: This segment will be closed to westbound traffic starting in October (possibly November) and ending in February for sidewalk construction and replacement of the ditch on the north side of the road with a storm drain system (pipe). A travel lane in the eastbound direction and access to all residences and side streets will remain open throughout construction. Traffic desiring to travel west from Florida Avenue to Baird Avenue will have multiple options including Carver Street and Griffin Road.
- County Road 54 and U.S. Highway 301.
- Shady Hills Road and Softwind lane (minor impacts).
- Trinity Bouelvard.
- Boyette Road and Wells Road: Construction beginning mid-September.
- Bellflower Way, Edgewood Subdivision, Washington Street, Julian Street and Pasadena Heights: Construction to begin within the next 15 to 90 days.
Be sure to follow @10NewsTraffic on Twitter for the latest conditions on our Bay area roads.
TRAFFIC MAP: Real-time road conditions in Tampa Bay
TRAFFIC CAMS: A look at Bay area traffic flow