GROSSE TETE, La. (AP) — Authorities in Louisiana say a camel at a truck stop petting zoo sat on a woman after she crawled into its enclosure.
Iberville Parish Sheriff's officials told The Advocate on Sunday that the Florida woman's husband had been throwing treats to their dog under the camel's fence. Their dog went into the enclosure and the woman crawled under barbed wire to retrieve the pet.
That's when the 600-pound camel, named Caspar, sat on her.
The Advocate said the woman bit the male dromedary's testicles so he would get off of her.
The woman was brought to a hospital. The Biloxi Sun Herald said no serious injuries to the camel were reported.
Deputy Louis Hamilton Jr. said the couple provoked the camel and cited them for a leash law violation.
Tiger Truck Stop is about 16 miles outside of Baton Rouge and keeps Caspar the camel as an attraction.
What other people are reading right now:
- Tropical Storm Lorenzo forms in Eastern Atlantic
- Duane 'Dog the Bounty Hunter' Chapman says hospitalization was due to 'broken heart'
- 6-year-old Florida girl arrested after tantrum at school
- Northeast High School football player on life support
- Police say man was driving impaired with young kids in the car
- Coffins seen floating in cemetery after Imelda flooding
FREE 10NEWS APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter