JENSEN BEACH, Fla. — Martin County deputies say they've identified and arrested a man accused of breaking into two restaurants and cooking himself some food in Jensen Beach.
Deputies say Patrick Benson, 34, has been charged with burglary, grand theft and attempted burglary. Benson used bricks or large rocks to break the restaurants' glass windows, according to law enforcement.
The sheriff's office said Benson fired up the grill and cooked himself a hamburger before stealing the safe at a Wendy's. Deputies say he helped himself to more food and money at another restaurant.
Authorities say the man also tried to steal from a gas station but could not break in.
What other people are reading right now:
- President Trump becomes 1st U.S. president to enter North Korea
- Man found dead in canal was partially eaten by 11-foot gator
- FDA identifies dog foods possibly linked to fatal canine heart disease
- Report: NASA to explore asteroid so valuable it could make everybody on Earth billionaires
- Florida man charged with DUI manslaughter, teen bicyclist killed
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.