The Sarasota charter boat captain accused of holding his passengers hostage for hours is expected in court Monday.
Mark Bailey is charged with boating under the influence and resisting arrest without violence. He pleaded not guilty to the charges.
On June 2, Sarasota police say passengers aboard the boat told them Bailey drank rum from the bottle, had multiple beers, got high from cocaine and ended up in an argument with a 15-year-old passenger who reportedly tried to grab a drink for his uncle from the captain's pail.
In statements filed with the Sarasota Police Department, the passengers claimed Bailey fired a gun more than once while the vessel was 30-40 miles offshore.
The fishing trip was supposed to be a 12-hour fishing excursion in the Gulf of Mexico.
What other people are reading right now:
- Father and son bring gibberish-filled chat to Denny's ad
- Florida deputies were investigating a homicide, and then another body was found
- St. Pete Pride Festival kicks off another day of entertainment
- College student disappears not long after ordering Lyft ride
- 'We all feel it': Motorcyclists mourn death of 7 in crash
- Beth Chapman, wife of 'Dog the Bounty Hunter,' placed in a medically-induced coma
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.