ORLANDO, Fla. — A Florida man who became a video sensation after fighting a man on the street while dressed as the Easter Bunny has been arrested and authorities say he tried to use the costume to elude capture.
Antoine McDonald became a viral phenomenon after a video captured him fighting a man in Orlando last year. He claimed to have been trying to break up a fight between a man and a woman.
Earlier this month, Florida Highway Patrol officials say McDonald was driving a motorcycle when he ran a stop sign and crashed into a carport before fleeing the scene.
Authorities found him lying in the backseat of a car in full costume. He denied the accident, telling the officer to Google the Orlando Easter Bunny.
McDonald told WKMG-TV last year he got into the fight because he didn't want the man to disrespect the woman. Not long after his arrest, police said he was a wanted fugitive accused of burglarizing a car.
What other people are reading right now:
- Gasparilla Guide: Everything you need to know about the 2020 pirate festival
- Gasparilla 2020: Where to park and go to the bathroom
- 30-foot boat catches fire near Gandy Beach
- 35,000 people expected to attend the Kumquat Festival this year
- Pentagon: 34 US troops suffered 'traumatic brain injuries' from Iranian attack
- Attention viewers: WTSP is undergoing planned work on our tower