MARTIN COUNTY, Fla. — A Florida man who had a beef with his girlfriend was arrested after hitting her with a cheeseburger, Martin County sheriff's deputies said.
According to a Facebook post, deputies were called to the home of Kyle Jamison Jones, 30, by his live-in girlfriend. She said he woke her up by slapping her in the face with a cheeseburger, according to law enforcement.
Deputies say she told them he then pulled her hair and kicked her down the stairs. She was covered with food particles, authorities claim.
"Jones wanted it his way," deputies said in the Facebook post. "When he didn’t get it, things between him and his girlfriend escalated."
Jones admitted they had a verbal argument but wouldn't say if it turned physical, investigators say.
He was charged with battery and taken to jail.
What other people are reading right now:
- Woman gets 15 years for posing as sheriff, releasing boyfriend from jail
- Russian hackers accessed 2 Florida voting databases, DeSantis says
- 'Carol Burnett Show' star Tim Conway dead at 85
- E.coli outbreak linked to ground beef: 196 sickened in 10 states
- Video shows healthcare staff punching, beating man with disabilities with belt
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.