FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — A nearly toothless South Florida woman says she bit a man who forced his way into her apartment.
Alice Coleman tells WSVN she woke up early Monday morning to a fire alarm going off. The 61-year-old says that when opened the door, a man pushed his way inside.
She says he kept calling her "mama" and telling her everything would be OK. Coleman says that "with the little teeth I got, I bit him."
Coleman says she ran out of the apartment and he locked himself inside. She called police from a neighbor's house. They arrested Fitzroy Morton on three felony charges. Jail records don't list a lawyer for him.
Coleman says she'll be more careful about opening her door now, adding she will open it with her Taser.
What other people are reading right now:
- 15 apps parents should look out for on their kids' phones
- 3 crashes in Sarasota County cause delays on I-75
- She's accused of leaving hundreds of elderly and disabled people to go clubbing
- 85-year-old Florida man accused of murdering 90-year-old lover of 60 years
- Walgreens to shut 200 US stores as part of cost-cutting plan
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.