LARGO, Fla. — A Florida man is accused of spitting food into a woman’s mouth following a road rage incident.
Pinellas County Sheriff’s deputies arrested 61-year-old David Paul Wipperman Thursday on felony battery charges for the incident that took place Oct. 29. An arrest report says Wipperman got into a road rage incident with a woman that evening. He got out of his truck and approached the woman’s vehicle. She rolled down her window and apologized to Wipperman.
The report says Wipperman spit the food he was chewing at her, then opened the door and screamed at her. The Tampa Bay Times reports it wasn’t clear why it took several weeks to arrest him.
Wipperman remained in jail Friday morning.
Jail records don’t list a lawyer.
What other people are reading right now:
- The 'boat graveyard': Why are there more than a dozen old, sunken boats sitting in Tampa Bay?
- Searching for lost graves at MacDill won’t be easy
- Video shows lightning appearing to hit Emirates plane twice
- Family hopes to reconnect with grieving parents who gave their daughter a special ring at Disney
- Utah woman's stepkids saw her topless. She may have to register as a sex offender
FREE 10NEWS APP: