YORK, South Carolina — A South Carolina woman pleaded guilty to fatally poisoning her husband by putting eye drops into his water for days.
Lana Sue Clayton, 53, was sentenced to 25 years in prison.
Clayton pleaded guilty Thursday to voluntary manslaughter and tampering with a food or drug.
Clayton admitted to giving her husband drinks laced with Visine.
She poisoned him with Visine for three days in July 2018 before the poison eventually caused his death.
Clayton says her husband was abusive and she didn't mean to kill him.
Prosecutors say she killed him for his money.
What other people are reading right now:
- Davenport woman arrested after baby dies from brain bleeding and skull fractures, deputies say
- 'Best rainfall in years' | Rain drenches parts of Australia, helps contain fires and brings drought relief
- CDC warns flu vaccine does not match the virus hitting children especially hard
- Restaurant Red Alert: Beach bar owner blames rat problem on neighboring construction site
- Dog gives birth to lime green puppy named 'Hulk'
- Attention viewers: WTSP is undergoing planned work on our tower