Tom Brady threw for 399 yards and four touchdowns in helping the playoff-bound Tampa Bay Buccaneers clinch the fifth seed in the NFC with a 44-27 regular season-ending win over the Atlanta Falcons.
The victory means the Bucs will face the NFC East champion on the road in the club’s first postseason game in 13 years.
It may have come with a steep cost, though. Star receiver Mike Evans was carted to the locker room with a left knee injury late in the first quarter and did not return.
Sunday's win put the Bucs 11-5 for the first time since 2005 in addition to being only the fourth time in the team's 45 seasons that they have won 11+ games.
Brady also threw 40 touchdowns this season, coming in second only to his 50 touchdowns in 2007.
- Your COVID-19 vaccine questions, answered: Do I need to be a Florida resident?
- Report: Trump asks Georgia election officials to 'find' 11,780 votes on call
- $5K reward offered for information to help locate remaining man after ATV runs over officer
- County-by-county COVID-19 vaccine information for Tampa Bay seniors
- Can Congress reject Electoral College votes?
- How to claim your missing $1,200 stimulus check
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter