TAMPA, Fla — Patrick Mahomes outplayed Tom Brady Sunday night, leading the Kansas City Chiefs to a narrow 27-24 victory over Tampa Bay. The reigning Super Bowl champ threw for 462 yards and three touchdowns.
The Bucs got off to a slow start putting up zero points in the first quarter and heading into halftime trailing by 13. Ronald Jones II found the end zone on a first down pass from Brady before running it just over 30 yards to the touchdown.
During the second half of the game is when Tampa Bay came alive to close the gap, but in the end, they could not get it done tonight.
Game 12 was a big night for wide receiver Mike Evans who the Bucs say is now tied for second in the league with 11 receiving touchdowns on the 2020 season.
Both head coach Bruce Arians and Brady had similar messages post-game, sharing there is only one way to go-- forward.
"I've seen us get better throughout the season. We just have to win the next one and stay in this playoff hunt," Arians said.
While Brady took a similar note saying, "I think as we keep going forward, we're learning more and more about ourselves, about what we need to do."
The Bucs are now 7-5 on the season.
- Coldest air of the season arrives in Tampa Bay this week
- 32-year-old woman killed in wrong-way crash on Interstate 275
- Debunking common COVID-19 vaccine myths with USF virologist
- Fauci: US may see 'surge upon surge' of virus in weeks ahead
- Florida hunters have duck stolen by massive gator
- 12 Christmas light displays to see this year around Tampa Bay
- Child, driver killed in suspected drunk driving crash in Polk County
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter