OKLAHOMA CITY — Kaley Mudge went 5 for 5, and Florida State beat Alabama 8-5 to advance to the Women’s College World Series final.
The 10th-seeded Seminoles will play top-seeded Oklahoma in a best-of-three series starting Tuesday. The Sooners beat Odicci Alexander and James Madison 7-1 in the other semifinal.
Oklahoma is going for its fifth national title. Florida State won its only championship in 2018.
Both teams lost their World Series openers before winning four consecutive elimination games to advance.
What other people are reading right now:
- How to take mental health leave from work
- Man facing death penalty will represent himself in murder trial
- Police: Man shoots, kills 2 people, including teen; leaves 3 others injured before turning the gun on himself in South Florida
- FHP: Man hit pedestrian in Weeki Wachee, dumped man's remains at back of bait shop in Spring Hill
- NHC increases odds of tropical development in southwestern Caribbean
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter