ORLANDO, Fla. — The University of Central Florida is taking tailgating to another level for the 2020 football season with plans for a lazy river outside the stadium.
UCF announced this month that they'll be offering 250 McNamara Cove memberships for $2,500 each. The all-inclusive package covers "covegating" for all regular-season home games.
McNamara Cove will be located right next to Spectrum Stadium. Opening several hours before kickoff, guests will have access to the lazy river, a pool, sand volleyball courts, lounge chairs, a bocce ball green and a service cabana.
Outside of game days, McNamara Cove will provide student-athletes with a leisure and recovery space as part of the $30 million Kenneth G. Dixon Athletics Village.
Tom and Stacey McNamara made a naming gift commitment of $1 million last year.
What other people are reading right now:
- Woman arrested after video shows her kick dog, pull it off the ground by the leash
- You have just a year left to get a gold star on your driver's license
- Health inspection leaves KFC customers queasy
- Woman almost loses arm from flesh-eating bacteria contracted at nail salon
- 6-year-old Florida girl arrested after tantrum at school
FREE 10NEWS APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter