ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — On Friday, Bridgestone Americas, Inc announced it is extending its title sponsorship of the Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg for another three years.
The new agreement continues a partnership that began in 2014 and maintains Firestone’s naming rights on the NTT INDYCAR® SERIES event through the 2023 season.
This year's race was postponed from March to October because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
“While the road to St. Petersburg has certainly been different this year, we are thrilled to return to the streets of St. Pete and help crown an NTT INDYCAR SERIES champion,” said Lisa Boggs, Director of Bridgestone Americas Motorsports. “Firestone tires have taken the checkers with the winner at all 15 INDYCAR SERIES races here, and we’re proud to continue growing our partnership with Green Savoree Racing Promotions to support this marquee event in a community that shares our passion for the sport.”
The Grand Prix of St. Petersburg opens the IndyCar Series as it has for the past nine seasons. It brings racing fans from all over for a weekend full of fun, and, of course, fast cars.
What other people are reading right now:
- VERIFY: Fact-checking the second presidential debate
- FDA approves remdesivir, first drug for treating COVID-19
- Rays send veteran Morton to the mound for World Series Game 3
- Your guide for the rescheduled 2020 Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg
- Tampa Housing Authority board questions power of non-profit for destroyed Black cemetery
- Here's the full 2020 World Series schedule
- What you need to know about the 6 constitutional amendments on Florida ballots
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter