GAINESVILLE, Fla. — A person familiar with the situation says Florida coach Dan Mullen has fired two defensive assistants in the wake of the unit’s worst season in more than a hundred years.
Mullen parted ways with secondary coaches Ron English and Torrian Gray.
The person spoke to The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity Friday because the moves hadn’t been made public. 247Sports first reported the firings.
The 10th-ranked Gators allowed 30.8 points a game in 2020, It was their most since giving up 41.2 over six games in 1917. The secondary was a significant part of the problem.
- 'It was a blessing': St. Pete pastor thankful no one was hurt after bullet broke through church ceiling on New Year's Day
- The St. Pete Pier is cracking
- In a first, Congress overrides Trump veto of defense bill
- Florida reports first identified case of new COVID-19 variant initially found in the UK
- County-by-county COVID-19 vaccine information for Tampa Bay seniors
- How to claim your missing $1,200 stimulus check
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter