BRADENTON, Fla. — There's a familiar face at the Pittsburgh Pirates spring training camp in Bradenton, but you won't recognize him from baseball cards.
CBS Sports reports country superstar Garth Brooks signed a one-week contract with the team, continuing his work for Teammates for Kids, his charity which has raised $100 million.
Brooks previously worked out with the San Diego Padres and the New York Mets.
He will be with the team through Feb. 21, two days before the team plays its first spring training game.
So yes, you can say you might just see his friends in low bases at the spring training camp.
What others are reading right now:
- Not a boy, not a girl. Sparrow is a gender-neutral 'theyby'
- Alienation of affection: Yes, you can sue your marriage's homewrecker
- Florida moves bill that would allow smokable medical marijuana
- Florida man accused of beaning girlfriend in the face with burrito
- Fisherman reels in 20-pound goldfish using a biscuit for bait
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10 News app now.