ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — At first glance, Tuesday's Tampa Bay Rays and Baltimore Orioles game may not look like anything special. Two division rivals on different ends of the playoff spectrum playing some ball on a Tuesday night.
But, it's what's happening off the field and behind the scenes that is historic.
That game will be the first Major League Baseball game to feature an all-female broadcast crew.
Heidi Watney and Lauren Gardner will anchor the pre and post-game coverage, according to the report.
Both teams will be playing on the MLB Game of the Week on YouTube, the Tampa Bay Times reports.
The game will be the Rays' first home game since the All-Star break, where catcher Mike Zunino and second baseman Joey Wendle had highlight-reel moments during the star-studded game.
Correction: A previous version of this story misspelled Alanna Rizzo's name. It has been corrected.
- New catch-and-release measures issued for Tampa Bay due to red tide
- Marco Rubio tweets his office will help Black Lives Matters leaders 'emigrate to Cuba'
- Tampa high-rise evacuated for flooding concerns after water pipe breaks
- Experts explain how red tide is different this year compared to 2018
- A Frank Conversation: New podcast explores race, religion, politics and more
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter