CHICAGO — Chicago Cubs fans expressed their appreciation Tuesday for the Florida alligator trapper who caught the gator nicknamed “Chance the Snapper.”
Frank Robb threw out the first pitch before Tuesday night’s game at Wrigley Field against the Cincinnati Reds.
On Sunday, Robb arrived in Chicago from St. Augustine. He had caught the 5-foot, 3-inch gator using a fishing pole on Tuesday morning at Chicago's Humboldt Park.
Chicago city officials confirmed Robb will turn on Buckingham Fountain on Wednesday morning.
The Cubs beat the Reds, 4-3.
- Video shows final moments of doomed flight from Addison's airport
- 2 people killed, dozens injured after carnival ride suddenly snaps in half
- Man kidnapped, killed woman found in truck in Dollar Tree parking lot: deputies
- 'New' type of skimmer found inside gas pump in Clearwater
- Florida 'Doomsday prepper' accused of abusing adopted twins
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.