A pair of Tampa Bay Rays pitchers has combined on a perfect game through eight innings against the Baltimore Orioles.
Right-hander Ryne Stanek pitched the first two innings Sunday at Camden Yards. He struck out two of the six batters he faced before Ryan Yarbrough took over.
Recalled from Triple-A Durham before the game, Yarbrough has retired 18 straight batters through the eighth inning, striking out five.
The Rays have had only one no-hitter in franchise history, by Matt Garza against the Detroit Tigers on July 26, 2010.
There has never been a combined perfect game in major league history.
Facing the team with the worst record in the big leagues, Tampa Bay leads 4-0 after eight innings.
What other people are reading right now:
- Funeral held for Beth Chapman, wife of 'Dog the Bounty Hunter'
- Suspect in deadly apartment shooting kills self at Highlands County mall
- ICE agents arrest, detain Oregon mother who has been in the US since she was an infant
- Florida man gets bitten by venomous snake after stepping out the front door
- Deputies: Florida man stuck cocaine, crack, heroin and pills in his butt
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.