TAMPA, Fla. — We've seen this move before.
Brett Phillips hits an RBI single with two outs in the ninth inning to hand Tamp Bay the 3-2 win and stop the Mets’ seven-game winning streak.
The Rays trailed 2-0 entering the 8th inning, but Mike Zunino hit a monster blast against David Peterson, and Manuel Margot tied up the contest with a two-out RBI double off Trevor May.
Starters Tyler Glasnow and David Peterson both pitched well. Glasnow goes eight innings giving up two runs with 10 strikeouts. A Jonathan Villar home run was the only blemish for him.
As for Peterson, he goes seven-plus innings giving up two runs with nine strikeouts.
Tampa Bay is now 21-19 on the season.
Earlier in the day, 10 Tampa Bay sports director Evan Closky spoke with the Locked On Rays guys about a multitude of topics. Closky grew up a Mets fan, but the trio delve into discussions about the Trop, Rays moving from St. Petersburg and the upcoming series.
Listen to the Locked On Rays Podcast
What other people are reading right now:
- CDC: Fully vaccinated people can largely ditch masks indoors
- Local doctors, county leaders weigh in on how CDC mask guidelines will impact you
- Internal investigation determines Sarasota officer who pressed knee on man's neck, back did not use excessive force
- Your guide to jumping on the Tampa Bay Lightning bandwagon
- Donate to Cereal for Summer today!
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter