TAMPA, Fla — Rays breakout rookie Randy Arozarena is getting his own movie.
Wonderfilm Media announced the biopic at the end of October, according to a media release obtained by an MLB.com reporter.
And there's more to it than his stellar performance for the Tampa Bay team as it sealed its first World Series appearance since 2008.
"Baseball stardom is only a part of the Arozarena story, having escaped Cuba on a makeshift boat, landing in Mexico knowing absolutely no one and starting a new life there before making his way to the U.S. and playoff baseball heroics," Wonderfilm wrote.
Brad Gann, who was the screenwriter of "Invincible," will write the screenplay for the Arozarena film. Jeff Bowler and Bret Saxon will produce along with a list of executive producers.
"Randy's story is so inspirational -- his journey grabs at your heart and this film will explore the triumphs of human spirit when driven and focused," Saxon said.
The media company slates winter 2021 for the film's release.
What other people are reading right now:
- 2020 Election Results | Get live results from 10 Tampa Bay
- How the Electoral College will decide who will be the next president
- Look up! During the next few nights, you might see a fireball
- DOJ Convicted rapist caught in Florida after assuming false identity for more than 40 years
- Election observer says no evidence for President Trump's fraud claims
- Biden urges calm, Trump makes false claims about vote counts
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter