ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Shohei Ohtani hit his 25th homer and drove in three runs, and the Los Angeles Angels stopped a five-game losing streak by beating the Tampa Bay Rays 6-4.
Ohtani hit an opposite-field shot to left in the ninth off Pete Fairbanks. He also had a run-scoring double in the sixth and a tying RBI triple during the Angels’ two-run seventh inning.
Ohtani has 46 extra-base hits this season.
Brandon Lowe and Ji-Man Choi homered for the Rays, who had their four-game win streak snapped.
- 9 people confirmed dead in Surfside condo collapse
- Concrete cracking, 'major' structural damage reported at Surfside condo in 2018
- 1 person hospitalized after officer-involved shooting in St. Petersburg
- Trump airs old election grievances at campaign-style rally
- A Frank Conversation: New podcast explores race, religion, politics and more
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter