PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla. — The Rays are gearing up for another strong season as they seek a return to the World Series in 2021.
In Sunday's preseason opener against the Atlanta Braves, the 2020 AL champs claimed victory with a walk-off.
No. 43 Mike Brosseau hit "the most dramatic home run" in his career to give the Rays the win.
The final score was 9-7.
- J&J's single-shot COVID vaccine get FDA emergency use authorization
- Biden hails House passage of $1.9T virus bill, now to Senate
- Rays 101: Your ultimate guide to jumping on the bandwagon this season
- Hospital employee charged with stealing more than $900 from COVID-19 patient's wallet, police say
- AP sources: Feds pinpoint suspect in officer's Capitol riot death
- '40,000 cases daily': Florida scientists say U.K. variant could spark a 4th wave of COVID-19 infections in the state
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter