Tampa Bay Rays second baseman Brandon Lowe has been named to the American League team’s roster as a replacement player.
Lowe is set to replace Los Angeles Angels infielder Tommy La Stella.
However, Lowe might be questionable for the July 9 game at Progressive Field in Cleveland. He suffered a leg injury during Tuesday night’s game against the Baltimore Orioles.
This season Lowe is hitting .276 with 16 home runs and 49 RBIs.
Lowe joins Charlie Morton and Austin Meadows as the Rays' All-Star game representatives.
What other people are reading right now:
- 'Fecal pollution' puts popular local beaches under 'no swim advisory'
- Woman who tried to frame husband with child porn gets probation
- Florida officer who shot unarmed caretaker gets probation
- Teen mows U.S. flag into lawn to honor fallen soldier
- Problems with Facebook and Instagram reported worldwide
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.