ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Manuel Margot hit a run-scoring single in the 10th inning and the Tampa Bay Rays beat the Kansas City Royals 2-1.
Kevin Kiermaier advanced from second to third when Taylor Walls flew out to deep center field against Tyler Zuber. After Austin Meadows was intentionally walked, Margot won it on just the Rays’ third hit of the game.
Andrew Benintendi homered leading off the ninth against J.P. Feyereisen as the Royals tied it at 1. Feyereisen worked out of a jam with a runner on third and one out in the 10th.
Tyler Glasnow pitched eight stellar innings for the Rays, scattering three hits. He struck out 11 and walked two.
What other people are reading right now:
- Tips for creating a summer routine for your family
- USF virologist talks who should still wear a mask and if we'll need booster shots
- Here's why mosquito control workers are warning you about Eastern Equine Encephalitis
- New grand jury seated for next stage of Trump investigation
- Flesh-eating 'black fungus' killing off patients who survived COVID-19
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter