Tampa Bay Rays center fielder Kevin Kiermaier has landed on the team's 10-day injured list over an issue with his left quad.
The 30-year-old was dealing with a muscle strain after Monday's 11-2 loss to the Red Sox after previously experiencing muscle tightness during spring training, writes Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times.
CBS Sports reports Manuel Margot "would likely have a clear path" to playing in the outfield regularly with Austin Meadows and Randy Arozarena while Kiermaier is recovering.
The Red Sox square off against the Rays at 7:10 p.m. Tuesday.
What other people are reading right now:
- Piney Point latest: Army Corps of Engineers on-site to help pump water out of the retention pond
- Sore arm after the COVID-19 shot? Here's what it means.
- Florida Democrats demand Rep. Matt Gaetz resign amid FBI probe
- Gov. DeSantis rejects request to have felony charges dropped in voter hacking case
- Piney Point wastewater breach: So, what's in the water?
- Strong demand from younger people as vaccine eligibility age drops to 16
- Gator mating season is upon us: Here's what you need to know
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter