ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Mike Zunino and Brett Phillips homered as the AL East-leading Tampa Bay Rays won for the 15th time in 16 games, 6-2 over the Philadelphia Phillies.
The Rays have won four consecutive games, including a two-game sweep over Philadelphia after Kansas City stopped their 11-game winning streak on Tuesday.
Philadelphia, losers of eight of 11, got a run-scoring double from Brad Miller.
Zunino hit his 12th homer in the second, and Phillips added a solo shot during Tampa Bay's two-run fifth.
The Rays are tied for the best record in the MLB.
What other people are reading right now:
- Lightning strikes in North Carolina: Tampa Bay takes Game 1 of Round 2 series 2-1 over Hurricanes
- What can I get tax-free during Florida's Disaster Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday?
- Attorney: Tampa man accused of taking selfie inside Senate during US Capitol riot to appear in court
- Police: 2 dead, over 20 injured in banquet hall shooting in South Florida
- Rainy season pattern sets up Memorial Day weekend
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter